Maintenance, repair and overhaul operations (MRO) benefit from the aviation infrastructure, ample land available at the lowest cost in Canada and the transportation and logistics accessibility of the Windsor International Airport. Its close proximity to large hubs such as Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, Cincinnati and Toronto to service customers, access to skilled manufacturing and labour forces, post-secondary educational institutions for aviation training and its reputation for an efficient and low cost operational environment makes Windsor an ideal choice for MRO.Learn how locating your MRO here can greatly benefit your business (PDF)
AAR Aircraft Services Windsor – ULC
4000 County Road 42, Windsor, Ontario
Vice President of Operations
+1 (519) 966-1500
AAR Aircraft Services of Windsor/operates a new, state-of-the-art 143,000sf MRO
facility at the Windsor International Airport, capable of handling all types of aircraft
including the B-747 and B-777.
+1 (519) 972-7271
The 20-year Airport Master Plan identifies maintenance, repair and overhaul services as future Airport land development use. This MRO development area is ‘shovel-ready’; lands have easy access to all services, new taxiway and access to the City road network.
For more information, please contact the Business Development Office at +1 (519) 969-2430.
The competitive advantages of establishing your MRO business at the Windsor International Airport include,
- Ample ‘Greenfield’ development dedicated to MRO activity; available land has excellent accessibility to airfield and transportation routes
- YQG’s airport fees, land lease rates, air navigation fees and facility/operating costs are among the lowest in Canada
- Uncongested 24/7 access to landing and ground engine runs at the Airport; no noise or load restrictions, accommodating any size and type of aircraft
- Access to a readily available, skilled workforce in the region
- YQG offers full support services, equipment and facilities to ensure efficient movement of shipments, aircraft and crew:
- Control Tower, daily: 6:30 am – 10:30 pm; field open (uncontrolled) in off hours; no congestion or curfews
- Comprehensive ramp services, fuel, de-icing (Types 1 & 4) for all aircraft types
- Fire/rescue and security available 24/7 upon request
- 24/7 Canadian customs clearance services available for cross-border movement of crews, aircrafts and parts
- Canada’s southernmost climate allows for greatest number of clear days and most frost-free days reduce de-icing costs, flight delays and environmental concerns
- Close proximity to largest aviation markets in Canada and the U.S.